Post:: Team Leader
Location: Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd.
Reporting to: Coordinator Team
Hourly rate: £9.25 + Mileage + On Call Allowances
Admiral aims to provide a service which as far as possible meets the individual needs, and which take full account of and is sensitive to race, religion and cultural background of the service user. To provide such support as the service user requests for the remuneration as outlined in our current price structure. To provide a service which is fully integrated with the wider network of support available to that service user.
To have individual responsibility in accordance with the practices, procedures and policies of Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd for the personal needs of the service user. To enable service users’ to live as independently, comfortably, and securely as possible. To promote the opportunity for service users to live in the community for as long as possible, by providing care and support to individuals and families. To ensure quality monitoring and standards are upheld. To provide an on-call support service to the Care Worker team.
Team Leader Duties
Provide leadership on runs to care staff
Provide practical mentoring and support, under direction of Supervisor team, to new staff.
Liaise with supervisor team to ensure improved, accurate performance management.
To immediately alert supervisor team and / or office to issues or occurrences as necessary.
To deputise for supervisory duties as and when required.
1. To perform basic personal care tasks as outlined in the service users care plan.
2. To alert Supervisor team / office of any changes in the service users condition or circumstances.
3. To create and maintain good communication with service users including those who may have some degree of communication difficulties.
4. To create and maintain effective working relationships with service user
5. To develop good communication links with the usual carer or family member in the service user’s home.
6. To prepare and cook meals if outlined if the care plan.
7. To undertake housekeeping, household cleaning duties as requested if outlined in the care plan.
8. To help with purchasing of provisions to provide an adequate balanced and stimulating diet when necessary.
9. To adhere to all of the Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd policies and procedures.
In general it is the duty of the post holder to undertake all care work with the sensitivity required to provide services in a way which will preserve the dignity, privacy, choice, independence, fulfilment and rights of the service user and his/her usual carer/family member.
Responsibility for Resources
1. Team Leaders have no direct responsibility for any other staff member.
2. Team Leaders should support care workers to ensure a safe and secure living environment for service users whilst respecting service user’s choice and rights.
3. Team Leaders should support care workers Care workers to ensure the service user is not put at risk as a result of home care activities.
4. Team Leaders will have to work alongside other care staff.
Responsibility for people
1. Equipment, protective clothing and uniforms are provided by Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd.
2. Cleaning material is supplied by service users.
3. Team Leaders and Care workers are responsible for the safe handling or property and equipment belonging to the service user.
Physical and Emotional Demands
1. Care work often is affected by the psychological demands of service users.
2. Travelling between service users in all weather conditions can be physical demanding for care workers.
3. Likewise caring for a service user with high and / or complex needs can be both physically and emotionally demanding.
1 . Team Leaders work in the homes of service users, which will vary considerably in terms of physical structure, cleanliness, warmth and material standards.
2. On occasions Team Leaders may be required to work with equipment provided by the service user, which may be outdated.
3. Team Leaders must ensure that neither they or Care workers work with equipment that is unsafe. Any unsafe equipment should be reported to the Supervisor team and / or office immediately.
4. Team Leaders work as part of a caring team liaising with the supervisor team and other professionals as necessary.
Responsibilities of Care Worker is your responsibility to read and understand Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd Policies and Procedures.
The Duty of Care
This is a legal term meaning you have responsibility towards everyone you come into contact with to ensure they are not caused harm. Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd has a responsibility to provide training for you and you have a responsibility to attend that training and adhere to what you are taught. Training will provide you with the knowledge to give high quality care to your service users, reducing the risk of harm to them and to you.
As with any social or personal care given by you to the service user, the duty of care is absolute and on no account must tasks be performed by you for which you have not been trained.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Full Driving license and access to a car for work purposes.
6 Months domiciliary Care Experience.
Flexible and pro-active approach.