Post:: Care Co-ordinator
Location: Admiral Care Services (NI) Ltd.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary Scale: £20000
Admiral aims to provide a service which as far as possible meets the individual needs, and which take full account of and is sensitive to race, religion and cultural background of the service user. To provide such support as the service user requests for the remuneration as outlined in our current price structure. To provide a service which is fully integrated with the wider network of support available to that service user.
To support Service Users to enjoy the best quality of life that they can in the comfort of their own homes. Ensure supervisor team effectively achieves collaborative targets. Compassion, good communication, administrative and excellent organisational skills together with a calm and caring manner are vital for this important role in our company. To ensure quality services are provided. To manage the performance of service.
Service User Focused
- Prior to each service commencing, as part of the supervisor team, carry out with Service Users, and / or their chosen representatives, an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment.
- Take part in direct Care rota as required. Including emergency cover as part of on-call process.
- Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date.
- Provide the Service User and where appropriate their representatives with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Keep all information you have access to involving service users, staff, business decisions secure and confidential in line with company Policies and Procedures.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Give care workers appropriate information and guidance to effectively and safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan, whilst ensuring the management team are also full aware of any and all relevant information.
- Work with the Management Team to effectively manage a staff team and service user case load. Attend the Service User’s first call, as part of the supervisor team to introduce the care worker. Report changes to care schedules without delay to the Operations Manager, service user and care worker.
- Devise, monitor and assist with the management of staff Rota’s, including absence and cover arrangements for periods of illness or annual leave.
- Provide advice, training, supervision and other relevant support to Care Workers and as required.
- Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call Rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues, for example covering calls either directly or indirectly when Care Workers are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
- Deputise for the Manager as and when required.
- Assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service and improvement actions.
- Monitor the performance of care workers and carry out quality reviews at the service users home to make sure the service is being delivered in line with company procedures.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times and make sure accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon.
- Ensure that care and support is provided in line with both regulatory requirements and in-house expectations.
- Work effectively with Service Users , their families and representatives, other social and health care professionals as well as internal managers and staff to deliver high quality domiciliary services
- Take part in all relevant meetings as directed.
- Attend training activities, appraisals and development meetings to ensure both own and staff development is maximized.
- Support Supervisor team by providing administrative support in addition to direct duties as required.
Communication and Administration
- Provide effective administrative support and reception cover as required within office environment.
- Support Supervisor Team to meet quality monitoring, performance management and in-house KPI’s as appropriate.
- Prepare required information for payroll cut off, effectively ensure Supervisor Team administration is collated and completed as per process. Support Supervisors in service user file compliance.
- Ensure effective communication and information sharing between Senior management team, supervisory team and frontline staff.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
|· 6 Months experience in a supervisory or management role within the Care Sector, with particular focus on Service User satisfaction, problem solving, motivating and leading people and task focused.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels, Fluency in both written and Verbal usage of the English Language.
· Demonstrable ability to lead teams towards shared positive outcomes.
· Demonstrable flexible approach ensuring the needs of the service are achieved.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative whilst retaining the ability to operate as a team player.
· ICT iterate with particular focus on the office suite. Demonstrable ability to maintain efficient, accurate and effective records as required.
· Full, clean driving license and access to a car for business purposes.
· Excellent administrative skills